Boards to convert video in mpeg/avi/dvix/whatever with FreeBSD ?

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Tue Apr 8 11:25:34 PDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 16:57:25 +0200
Kurt Jaeger <lists at complx.LF.net> wrote:

KJ> Hi!
KJ>
KJ> I'm looking for a board that allows me to digitally record combined
KJ> video/audio signals (PAL, not NTSC) with FreeBSD 4.8. CPU and harddisk
KJ> space is no problem 8-}
KJ>
KJ> Any pointers, hints ?

	Any BT878 based capture card and then ffmpeg, mencoder and
nuppelvideo all work. Search the archives for my posting "Full resolution
DVR with make buildworld running" for a very effective combination
solution.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun