xfree86 4.3.0 and compaq evo 510 with i845

Sue Blake aunty_sue at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 2 18:28:42 PST 2003

 --- Eric Anholt <eta at lclark.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 20:28, Sue Blake wrote:
> > Could anyone help me out with what to read or what to search for
> > to get XFree86-4.3.0,1 to speak nicely to my new compaq evo's i845 chip?

Sorry Eric, Oliver, and others. It was all my own silly fault ;-(

My ports were a real mess, and XFree86 wasn't installed properly.

After removing most ports including everything that had the letter x in its name,
getting a full fresh ports tree then reinstalling from sources, XFree86-4.3.0 now
works perfectly. (And so do a few other things too :-)