Getting MOZ_USER_DIR to work ?

Gary E. RAFE, Ph.D. rafege at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 04:32:13 GMT 2005

My recent build of Firefox-1.0.5 on my 5.4-R notebook
is working great, except that the configuration that
sets "MOZ_USER_DIR" to something other than ".mozilla"
(say, ".firefox"), has no real effect at run-time.

The browser creates the specified directory
(i.e., "~/.firefox"), but doesn't use it for anything,
instead, creating a new "~/.mozilla" directory, too,
and putting everything there.

What's up with that ?

Any hints/pointers to making this work ?
--
Gary E. RAFE, Ph.D. <mailto:rafege at gmail.com>
Plain-text messages (non-HTML encoded),