failed to launch firefox after upgrading last weekend

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed Mar 10 08:55:15 PST 2004

> Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:48:53 +0800
> From: Ying-Chieh Liao <ijliao at csie.nctu.edu.tw>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>

> --yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM
>
> On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 19:19:16 -0500, Adam McDougall wrote:
> > try ssh -Y.  I bet openssh3.8 is causing this.

I have been unable to find any X application that runs over an ssh X11
tunnel with OpenSSH 3.8 without either -Y or ForwardX11Trusted. Even my
stand-by for quick checking, xclock, fails.

If you want to use X11 over ssh with the latest OpenSSH, you really need
to always use ForwardX11Trusted. While I understand the reason for it,
it really strikes me as excessive (or maybe redundant).
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)