Segmentation fault

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 4 11:25:50 PDT 2004

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I'm having problems trying to run mozilla native.
>>>
>>>I upgraded from FreeBSD 4.10 to 5.2.1 Release where
>>>everything was working well.  I had problems with
>>>

>>some
>>

>>>libraries (libintl.so I think) when tryied to run
>>>mozilla, so cvsuped (yesterday) all the ports and
>>>compiled mozilla (portupgrade -vfr mozilla).
>>>Everything went OK with the compilation but when I
>>>

>>run
>>

>>>mozilla from xterm appears the following:
>>>
>>>Error: No running window found.
>>>Segmentation fault
>>>
>>>On the console appears that mozilla-bin exited on
>>>signal 11.
>>>
>>>The same occurs with mozilla-devel.  I don't have
>>>

>>any
>>

>>>clue how to solve this problem.
>>>
>>>Please give me some advice.
>>>
>>>Thank you very much for your time.
>>>

>>what have you set in /etc/libmap.conf?
>>

>I created /etc/libmap.conf by the recomendation of the
>port /usr/ports/www/linuxpluginwrapper
>Konqueror is working very well with flash and was too
>Mozilla (fbsd 4.10).  I have deinstalled
>linuxpluginwrapper and deleted /etc/libmap.conf.
>Reinstalled linuxpluginwrapper and created
>/etc/libmap.conf again and everything is the same:
>segmentation fault :-(
>
>I'm sending you the /etc/libmap.conf
>
>Thanks a lot for your help.

I'm afraid that you have to rebuild all ports ,in the past there was
some changes to some libs.
I hope for you though that I'm wrong :-),  it is an somewhat older
issue, try googling on lib_c and libthread icw freebsd 5.

Sorry that I can't be more usefull, good luck!

--
mph

$ /usr/local/etc/rc.d/bikeshed.sh
$ Usage, mix UNIX with: {politics|religion|both(=GNU/Linux)}