FreeBSD5.0 Mozilla1.1, XFree86-4 , and JRE1.4.01

Duke, Brian Brian.Duke at Level3.com
Mon May 26 18:02:30 PDT 2003

On: Monday, May 26, 2003 6:09 PM
 Pete Collins [mailto:pete at mozdev.org] said:

	>I'm and old FreeBSD user.  ;-) I love FreeBSD ports, RPM sucks. Debian apt-get is the only package system close to FreeBSD.

Good to meet someone who appreciates fine art...

	>Just type gcc -v

>gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
Thread Model: posix
gcc version 3.2.1 [FreeBSD] 20021119 (release)

		>> Looks like I will be reloading my OS tonight.

	>Yea, that's for Linux emulation in the FreeBSD kernel. I thought FreeBSD
	>just got native JVM support. In fact I know the developer who
	>implemented it last summer.

I just noticed I can install linux binary compatability in /stand/sysinstall ; Post-install config ; System startup options. So it looks like I have Linux capabilities now without a full reinstall....very cool. About the Native JVM, is it on the 5.0 release?