Mozilla Freezing

Todd freebsd at www.webpath.net
Tue Aug 5 05:30:08 PDT 2003

Is there a possibility that you built 1.0 with gtk1 and later versions
with gtk2?

Hmmm...one common element of each release for FreeBSD after 1.0  (1.02?)
is that they use anti-aliasing for font rendering. Although I doubt this
has anything to do with it :)

Try reinstalling and building from ports with:

# make WITHOUT_XFT=yes
(This Disables Xft anti-aliasing support.)

Or if you want to use the Calendar:
# make WITHOUT_XFT=yes WITH_CALENDAR=yes

See the Makefile for more compile time options.