regchrome causes segfault during Mozilla build

Dr. Otacon otacon at
Thu Apr 10 10:48:12 PDT 2003

>Submitter-Id:	current-users
>Originator:	Dr. Otacon
>Organization:	Skimask Ninjas	
>Confidential:	no
>Synopsis:	regchrome causes segfault during Mozilla build
>Severity:	critical
>Priority:	high
>Category:	ports
>Class:		sw-bug
>Release:	FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE i386
System: FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #4: Wed Apr 9 14:48:08 MDT 2003 otacon at i386

	(cd /usr/ports/www/mozilla/work/mozilla/dist/bin;  /usr/bin/env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=. ./regxpcom;  /usr/bin/env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=. ./regchrome;  /usr/bin/touch ./chrome/user-skins.rdf ./chrome/user-locales.rdf)
	Segmentation fault (core dumped)
	*** Error code 139

	I've tried using gcc2.95.4 and gcc3.2.2, both generate the same error, with or without optimizations. Here are the CFLAGS I've used:
		gcc3.2.2:	CFLAGS=-O -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -mmmx -msse -march=pentium3 -mcpu=pentium3
		gcc2.95.4:	CFLAGS=-O -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -march=pentiumpro -mcpu=pentiumpro

	If any addition info is required, let me know.

	execute `regchrome', a file built by mozilla near the end of the install.

More information about the freebsd-mozilla mailing list