Help with mono6.8 in truenas (freebsd 12.2) jail

Edward Theodore ed at aguanga.net
Thu Jan 21 22:11:33 UTC 2021

Hello, having some package problems and I was wondering if you could give
me some tips to keep me moving forward.
I have a home media server that runs sonarr, radarr and jackett in a jail.
I install all of my software via packages. I recently updated my system to
TrueNAS 12 (freebsd 12.2) and I'm finding that some radarr and jackett
don't work anymore because of the old mono version.
I see that you have created a mono6.8 port to workaround this problem but
I'm stumped as to how to use it. If I try to install mono6.8 it sees a
conflict with mono and tries to remove it, which tries to remove the other
packages (sonarr, radarr, jackett).
How can I tell the packages to use the new package instead?
Can I build mono6.8 as a port while keeping the other packages relatively
unchanged or would I have to switch to building everything from ports?
Will mono6.8 be moved to mono "soon" so I could just wait?
Thanks in advance,
Ed