Announcing lang/mono 5.10.1.47

Mark Felder feld at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jun 17 19:59:50 UTC 2018

Hello all,

Mono 5.10.1.47 is now in the ports tree. This release is considered to be "very stable" as it is the version heavily tested and deployed with Visual Studio. This release fixes appears to be more stable than our previous version and fixes many outstanding issues, although it appears it may still have kqueue bugs due to upstream targeting MacOS kqueue behavior. As a result we may have to apply more patches locally in our tree. Please follow the relevant PRs and report your findings if kqueue support is something you depend upon.

The changelog for the 5.10 series can be found here:

http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/releases/5.10.0/

I am hoping to have Mono 5.12 available in the near future and to get FreeBSD packages of newer Mono versions more frequently.

Regards,

--
 Mark Felder
 ports-secteam & portmgr member