ASUS ZenBook UX305CA Trackpad: psm0: unable to allocate IRQ

Malcolm Matalka mmatalka at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 05:47:42 UTC 2016

Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> writes:

> El día Saturday, June 25, 2016 a las 10:07:23PM +0000, Malcolm Matalka escribió:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have recently purchased the above mentioned laptop (and it's great)
>> and would like to help make it well supported in FreeBSD.  The first
>> thing I'd like to help get working is the trackpad since that is the
>> most limiting pain point.
>>
>> The current problem with the trackpad is the psm0 device does not show
>> up at all.  When booting in verbose mode I see:
>>
>> "psm0: unable to allocate IRQ"

> The above message only means that the psm.c driver does not know how to
> deal with this device. I have two netbooks Acer C720, both have on
> verbose boot the same message as shown above. On the C720 I'm typing
> right now the TP is supported by the cyapa.ko driver, on the other which
> was for repair at Acer, it was working too, but now not anymore. For me,
> I have first to figure out with booting some Linux (Knoppix, Debian,...)
> what is exactly installed now in the repaired C720. Then I could think
> about how this hardware could work with FreeBSD;
>
> in your case, have your tried to kldload the cyapa.ko and does this give
> a device /dev/cyapa0 ? If it does, it will work with moused or X11
> via HAL. If not, try to figure out first what is installed in your
> laptop.
>
> 	matthias

Does that driver come with 10.3?  I cannot seem to load it and I don't
see it a tall and a I don't see a pkg search hit.  Do I have to compile
it manually?

>From what I've been able to find on the internet, though, the trackapd
for this laptop is an ElanTech on i2c (I have only a vague idea what
that means).  I guess I should probably try to run OpenBSD on this
somehow to see what hardware it detects it as, though?