Story of a laptop user

Lundberg, Johannes johannes at brilliantservice.co.jp
Fri Feb 7 00:35:15 UTC 2014

Hi

Sorry for cutting in on the thread like this but what you are talking
about, I would like to do for the macbook. What is the recommenend way to
get screen brightness and other functionality working? xbacklight does not
work. I'm not sure if I use the intel backlight module correctly or if it
evens works on macbook. Should we create an acpi_apple similar to acpi_ibm
perhaps?

And, while we working on the wiki pages, maybe it is time to update the
macbook wiki page which is pretty old. I have a bunch of notes about
running on macbook, dual boot setup etc.

Thanks!

--
Johannes Lundberg
BRILLIANTSERVICE CO., LTD.

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Well, the trick is to tie it in with whatever other fondling the intel
> xorg stuff is doing, so things don't clash.
>
> How's linux do this? Is there an intel backlight control kernel module for
> this?
>
> -a
>

> On 5 February 2014 12:19, Eitan Adler <lists at eitanadler.com> wrote:

> >> Not ACPI, but maybe a way that will work:
> >> https://forums.freebsd.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=44146&p=249316
> >
> > That 'worked' in the sense that the program 'intel_backlight' changed
> > the visible backlight.  However, I'd still love to tie this
> > functionality in with the brightness keys on the keyboard.
> >
> > Thanks for the info!
> >

> > --
> > Eitan Adler

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
秘密保持について:この電子メールは、名宛人に送信したものであり、秘匿特権の対象となる情報を含んでいます。
もし、名宛人以外の方が受信された場合、このメールの破棄、およびこのメールに関する一切の開示、
複写、配布、その他の利用、または記載内容に基づくいかなる行動もされないようお願い申し上げます。
---
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information in this email is confidential
and intended solely for the addressee.
Disclosure, copying, distribution or any other action of use of this
email by person other than intended recipient, is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in
error, please destroy the original message.