xorg widescreen resolution problem

G. Nikiforov g_nikiforov at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 13:05:20 UTC 2012

Hello,

I've been using Linux for several years, but finally decided to give FreeBSD a try. I just installed FreeBSD 9.0 amd64 on a Samsung RV520 laptop together with xorg and fvwm2 from ports. It seems to be working fine, with the exception of the screen resolution. Under Windows that screen has a resolution 1366:768 with a 60Hz refresh rate. However under FreeBSD xorg seems to be running at 1024:768 and as a result the image appears to be squashed.

I've followed the instructions on the FreeBSD website (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-config.html) however to no avail. The only thing I didn't include was HorizSync and VertRefresh because I wasn't sure how to get those.

I also tried to search the forums, however couldn't find any solution that worked for me now matter how I tweaked the configuration file.

I am attaching my xorg.conf.new file as well as the Xorg.0.log file. If anyone has any suggestion what might be wrong, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
George