Tethering with HTC Touch Pro -- how?

Alexander Motin mav at mavhome.dp.ua
Thu Jan 29 01:13:25 PST 2009

Jack Twilley wrote:
> I have enabled internet connection sharing on my HTC Touch Pro by
> modifying the registry.  The phone works for tethering on my Vista box
> as expected.  How do I make it work on FreeBSD?

I am successfully using my Qtek S200 with WM6.1 as plain Bluetooth
GPRS/EDGE modem. BT PAN profile could be better for internet sharing; I
haven't seen it implemented, but there were some activity. Sharing via
USB cable requires RNDIS support, which is also not implemented, AFAIK
due to buggy and undocumented protocol.

--
Alexander Motin