wpi and suspend/resume

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 10:33:56 UTC 2009

On 12/23/09, Frank Staals <frank at fstaals.net> wrote:
> On 12/23/09 11:50, Lars Engels wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> You could try to unload the module before you go to standby and reload
>> it after resuming.
> Ah I forgot to mention that:  I actually also tried that unfortunately
> that resulted in wpi completely hanging my system when I try to reload
> it after resuming. It again gives a bunch of 'wpi0: could not lock
> memory' errors. Then something what I believe to be
> initializing/scanning? channels and then:
>
> wpi0: SKU does support 802.11a
> panic: ieee8021_get_ratetable: no rate table for channel: freq 0 flags 0x0

This is bug, it doesnt exits nicely if attach fail ...

You could try, when unloading wpi module to unload another pci driver and load
same one again while using

hw.pci.do_power_nodriver="3"
hw.pci.do_power_resume="0"

in loader.conf, maybe device doesnt get to D3 state in 'right way'.

--
Paul B Mahol