Problems with FreeBSD installation

Ben Fallon bfallon at itbuildersinc.com
Thu Aug 6 13:42:50 UTC 2009

What model of laptop is it?  I just subscribed to the list yesterday and may have missed the beginning of this thread.
You can also check here http://laptop.bsdgroup.de/freebsd/
It provides details for a bunch of laptops and what the findings were for the models they tested.
On Linux, a simple dmesg will help on seeing what devices were found by your os otherwise, like BSD,
the lspci also works the same.  Sorry I can't help more without a bit more information.