Trying to use my ath wireless with wep.

eculp at cloudmaster.info eculp at cloudmaster.info
Fri Jun 27 00:48:29 UTC 2008

Thanks to the help here I have been enjoying my ath for almost a week.
  It works perfectly with the following in rc.conf

wlans_ath0=wlan0
ifconfig_wlan0="DHCP ssid virus2"

Now I am trying to get it to connect with wep.  I have set the modem
open wep pass phrase key to lets say 1122334455 and I have substituted
the above ifconfig_wlan0 line for:

ifconfig_wlan0="DHCP ssid virus2 wepmode on wepkey 0x1122334455"

and I have also tried it with WPA before DHCP but it doesn't connect
either way.

I'm sure I'm not understanding something here.

I also have a related question.  Can this not be done on the command
line and be prompted for a password after the scan to see which AP is
available?  What would I do after the scan?

Thanks,

ed

Info:

  # uname -a
FreeBSD ed.local.net.mx 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #126: Thu Jun
19 13:08:54 CDT 2008
root at ed.local.net.mx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ENCONTACTO  amd64