Laptop suggestions?

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 31 11:08:02 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 12:48:02PM +0200, Achim Patzner wrote:
> I don't care.

I can see that; thanks for summing it up.

>> The amount of rhetoric in these two paragraphs is amazing; I literally
>> cannot tell if you're trolling with anti-FreeBSD propaganda, or if
>> you're trolling with pro-FreeBSD propaganda.  Congratulations, you've
>> confused at least one reader.
>
> Wrong on both counts. I'm just using the appropriate tools for the jobs
> that need to be done. And on the desktop FreeBSD just plain sucks in
> comparison to Mac OS. And after all, Mac users need FreeBSD - who else
> should provide them with all the nice things from ipfw to the user land?
> Would you really expect Apple to do it all on its own?
>
> Face it: The real difference between servers and desktops is the "who
> has to bend over"-question. Servers are adapted to the software they
> are going to run while on "personal computers" the software has to adapt
> to the machine ("I want that shiny Sony. I don't care if the hardware
> sucks, it's beautiful."). And Chuck is quite definitely lacking at
> bending
> over...

You just did it again -- anti-FreeBSD propaganda and pro-FreeBSD
propaganda in a single paragraph, followed by an oddly-skewed
server-to-desktop comparison, something about computer cosmetics, then a
strange comment about the beastie/Chuck which seems to be negative but
could be positive depending on how you look at it.