powerd + t43p - AC adapter = fail

Tobias Roth freebsd.lists at fsck.ch
Thu Aug 7 11:59:24 UTC 2008

On 08/07/08 04:49, Richard Kolkovich wrote:
> I've not looked into this much at all, but when I boot my t43p without the AC adapter plugged in, there are no values in dev.cpu.0.freq_levels.  This results in powerd failing.  A reboot with the AC adapter is the only way I know of to fix this.
>
> Like I said, I haven't investigated this, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this type of behaviour (and fixed it?).  Thanks,

works just fine for me, for both ac and battery only. the t43p has
generally working very well for me since RELENG_7, though there are some
things I never tried, namely fingerprint scanner, internal modem, 3d
acceleration, gigabit, hibernate, vga output. the rest works well.

does hibernate even exist in RELENG_7? the last time this worked for me
was on a T30 with RELENG_4 and apm instead of acpi. i'm only missing it
a little, now that s3 works.

thanks,
Tobias

--