Management of Thermal

Lars Engels lme at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 11 07:05:03 PDT 2007

Quoting Norberto Meijome <freebsd at meijome.net>:

> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 03:21:20 +1000 (EST)
>> Another thing with powerd - have you tried running it with -v in fg?
>> With my 2-speed the shift points seem about right, but with lots of
>> speeds I'd be curious to try optimising the idle / running shifts in
>> terms of hysteresis, 'hunting' up and down with different loads and
>> such.  'Someone' could do up some nice graphs :)

Try this one:

Let this run for some time http://bsdpaste.bsdgroup.de/626

And then let this generate some nice graphs
http://bsdpaste.bsdgroup.de/627 with
./gen_temphistory.pl /tmp/tempstats.txt

The Perl script is shamelessly stolen from somebody and modified for my needs.
It displays CPU speed, Temperature (*100) and if the Notebook is
running on AC or not.