Fwd: Buying a new laptop

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Thu Mar 29 02:49:01 UTC 2007

Daniel Eischen wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
>>>
>> FWIW, I had nothing but very good experience dealing with Dell service
>> guys. When they failed to fix my old almost out of warranty D800, they
>> just shipped me brand new D820 as a replacement, much to my
>> astonishment.
>
> About 3 or 4 years ago, I bought a refurbished Dell.  The
> keys seemed to stick a little bit at first, but it got
> better over time.  Before the service contract was up,
> it failed - wouldn't even boot into BIOS.  Sent it back
> and the service department claimed I had spilled something
> on it, when I clearly didn't.  It must not have been
> refurbished completely.  Anyways, no matter how hard I
> complained, I couldn't get them to fix it and had to
> pay $800 to replace the motherboard.
>
> I think their service has gotten better, but I still
> have a sour taste left in my mouth.

I have difficulties getting battery replacement for my father's Dell
Inspiron 600m.
Dell have sent same type of battery to my friend in US, however after I got
it doesn't fit into the battery compartment of the laptop.
Old battery has flat edge, however new battery
has round edge and this round edge is not going into the compartment :(
I have sent them email about this problem a long ago and so far didn't
receive any response
from them.
I guess they are having huge problem (with this mess) with their battery
replacement program.

Ganbold