Buying a new laptop

Jeff Rollin jeff.rollin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 15:55:49 UTC 2007

On 28/03/07, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
> > I on the other hand really like Fujitsu Siemens laptops - reliable,
> > fast, good looking
>
> have you needed to have one repaired yet?  and don't tell me you won't;
> we all wish.  when it needed to be repaired, what was your experience?

Yes and no. Unfortunately I killed it through accidental damage, and
the warranty I paid for didn't cover AD. So I can't really blame them
or the shop I bought it from (who were the warrantors), and can't tell
what support was like either. I didn't need software support from
them, though, and I suspect it's unlikely would have been able to give
me any, since at the first opportunity I installed Linux on it,
junking WinXP Home. (I would have installed FreeBSD but I need
wireless support, and neither the inbuilt broadcome WLAN card nor the
DLink DWLG650 worked with it - though I suspect it was a Cardbus
issue. Unfortunately I didn't have any other cards to test it with.)

Jeff