Buying a new laptop

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Mar 28 14:51:29 UTC 2007

> I'm like Randy - I pretty much just buy IBM/lenovo.   I've had good
> repair experiences (something breaks, fixed and returned to me in 3
> business days), and reliability has been good.

my laptop is my ability to work.  i can not afford to be without it.  so
i buy the full on-site service.  and they have come on-site to fix my
laptops the next day in bainbridge island, nairobi, yokohama, and kyoto.

we have one top-end asus laptop.  it is a really nice box,  bought max
warranty.  went dark, literally, in december.  i had to make clear that,
if they did not ship it back from repair this week or refund our money,
it was lawyer time; and i meant it.  it finally seems to be shipping
this week.

otoh, this is better than sony.  when a viao (sweet box but delicate) in
warranty went dead, they demanded more than the purchase price to repair it.

some of the alternative boxes are sure sweet.  when they work.  it's
what happens when they don't work that leaves me with only dell and lenovo.

randy