Compaq Pavillion Laptops

svhopkins sv_hopkins at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 25 13:43:27 UTC 2007

I had one of those (earlier AMD64 version ZV***). Unfortunately it's a REAL "designed for windows" machine. Believe that sticker on it.
I tried FreeBsd - wouldn't boot, linux - some would, some wouldn't. Also had to hack pcmcia conf's as the bios was screwed and told lies to the OS. Bless micro$oft and pc builders.
So I sold it.I bought an AJP (clevo) D870P beast. Everything worked first time.

I wish you well with HP/Compaq Pavllions my friend.