anybody using (or willing to speculate about) the gateway nx100 ?

john at utzweb.net john at utzweb.net
Fri Mar 9 00:49:07 UTC 2007

My used latitude c400 that i bought from boeing surplus 2 years ago is now
not charging the battery.

that sucks, because i just bought a new aftermarket battery (us$80.00)
because i assumed that it was the existing battery's fault :-(

3.5 pound computers are still ridiculously expensive 'tis why i was stoked
to buy the latitude for us$400 used.

however gateway is selling the nx100x for us$899. that does not suck
completely.

anybody have any experience or thoughts about this guy? I'd be running
-current on it.

i understand that the intel 3945 in it is quasi-supported (in development)
based on some mail that i saw on the web from Mr. Oberman.

i wonder if it's got a minipci slot that i can use with the atheros card
that i bought for the c400? (that's something i can find out from gateway)

plus i have some atheros usb doohickeys that will work in a pinch

experiences or thoughts would be appreciated!

tnx!

johnu