uath for freebsd

Gregory Nou gregory.nou at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 00:01:46 UTC 2007

Hello!

I'm the (not so) happy owner of a D-Link DWL-G132. You may know that
Damien B. has written some drivers for OpenBSD, named uath, which
should work with this :
ugen1: <Atheros Communications Inc USB WLAN Device, class 255/0, rev
2.00/0.01, addr 4> on uhub4
USB WLAN Device(0x3a03), Atheros Communications Inc(0x2001)

I read somewhere
(http://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-oct-2006-dec-2006.html)
that "Support for Atheros USB devices is coming".
However, if I found the ural part in the perforce repository of
project usb, I did not find something looking like uath.
The fact is, I need it. I've begin the work, but that's not as fast
and straight-forward as I first thought.
Actually, I was using if_wpi for Benjamin Close, if_udav from Shingo
Watanabe and if_uath from OpenBSD, trying to mix everything. I did not
find ural soon enough to have a look at it, but I'm pretty sure it may
help a lot.
My question is (yes, I have a question, the purpose of this email is
not only to tell you what I do in my life ;)) :
would it be worth it ? I mean, if somebody is working on it, I'm
willing to help, test, or whatever (I am not afraid of terrible
crashes). If nobody is doing it, then, I'll try to finish it on my
own.
I would also like to know if there is anonymous access (apart from the
web) to the perforce repository. I'd like to get the content of
http://cvs.freebsd.org/depotTreeBrowser.cgi?FSPC=//depot/projects/usb/src/sys/dev/usb/&HIDEDEL=NO

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,
--