PCMCIA and Lenovo T60p

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Jun 15 10:13:26 UTC 2007

In message: <20070601035148.GB1755 at cryptomonkeys.com>
            Louis Kowolowski <louisk at cryptomonkeys.com> writes:
: I'm having an issue with PCMCIA cards on my T60p.
: I've tried google, didn't turn up anything.
: They used to work fine (3-4mo ago) but now, simply produce this in the logs:
: May 26 14:16:20 localhost kernel: CIS is too long -- truncating
: May 26 14:16:20 localhost kernel: pccard0: Card has no functions!
: May 26 14:16:20 localhost kernel: cbb0: PC Card card activation failed
:
: I can make dmsg output and kernel config available upon request.
:
: Anybody have any thoughts and/or suggestions?

This is the classic resource allocation issue.  There have been some
changes to the allocation in the last few months.  Maybe they have
fixed this?

Warner