Broadcom BCM4306 + ndis: ndis0: set ssid failed: 45

Phil Dougherty phil.dougherty at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 23:17:23 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am running 6.2-release-p5 on a Dell Latitude X300 with the Broadcom
BCM4306 (which uses the bcmwl5.* driver files).

After fiddling with the ndis setup I've managed to get the driver to load
with success and I now have an ndis0 device in my ifconfig listing.

The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to set any of the values in
ifconfig.. particularly the ssid which tells me:

ndis0: set ssid failed: 45

this also happens when I try to bring the ndis0 interface up. The lack of
error messages here has me at a loss for what to try next and google wasn't
of any help either.

Thanks in advance for any help!
-Phil

--