Is Dell Latitude D531 Essential (L07531xp) compatible with FreeBSD 6.2 Stable?

Shadowfox from hack.in#badakigu shadowfox.hb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:56:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

I was looking about FreeBSD laptop compatibility in the web, but i
can't find anything about Dell Latitude D531 Essential (L07531xp)
laptop. Can you help me? I want to buy this laptop, or something like
that. Can you tell me what is compatible and what not with this
laptop?

This is the list of the laptop components:
Processor:       AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Processor TL-60 (2.0GHz)
Memory:          SDRAM DDR2 1,0GB 667MHz (2 x 512 MB)
Chipset:           Radeon Xpress 1270
HDD:               120GB 7,200rpm SATA Hard Drive
Modem            Irish/Spanish - 56.6k V.92 Capable Internal Modem & Adapter
Optical device:  8x DVD+/- RW
Wireless          Dell™ Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini-Card
Bluetooth         Internal Dell 360 Bluetooth™ Card
Main battery;    9 Cell 85WHr Primary Battery
Screen:           15.4" WXGA+ True Life (1440 x 900 resolution)

Dell Wireless 1390 device is from Broadcom, then, i think that it
can't work with FreeBSD beacause there are not native drivers, but if
i change the mini-pci wireless card i think that it will work. I will
buy a wireless mini-pci card with Atheros chipset.

ACPI is what i'm worry about, can somebody tell me if it will work
right? It's beacause the configuration and type of the BIOS, isn't it?

Lot of thanks.
--
Egonezintasuna, jakinmina eta ikasteko gogoa da zuongandik bereizten
gaituena, delinkuente deitzen gaituzue, baia justizian sinisten dugu,

Shadowfox