Suspend/Resume on T60: Any hope?

Frank Staals frankstaals at gmx.net
Fri Apr 27 14:53:44 UTC 2007

Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
> I have a Lenovo T60 running FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE. Pretty much
> everything is fine except suspend/resume, which doesn't work
> at all.
>
> hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state shows S3 S4 and S5 as supported
> sleep states, but "acpiconf -s 3" instantly causes a hard
> lockup for which the only recovery seems to be pulling the
> battery. Given this, mucking around with any other things
> seems pointless, but I'm happy to try anything.
>
> Are there any possibilities for getting suspend/resume to work
> on this, or am I doomed to have what is in effect a portable
> desktop computer? For some reason I thought I had looked into
> this before I got the machine--I never would have bought it if
> I had known it didn't work--but in retrospect I'm not sure
> what gave me the idea it did work.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jesse Sheidlower (whose X23 and T43 are just fine, if slower)

If I recall correctly the problem is that suspend/resume doesn't work
with the dual cores in the latest IBM notebooks. There were attempts on
getting it working on a IBM X60 on FreeBSD-7.0-CURRENT some time ago, a
quick google found me this on it:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2006-November/009326.html
I'm not sure on the status of that project at this time, but you might
find more information by browsing the current archives

Good luck,

--
-Frank Staals