iwi and (another?) Intel3945ABG

Vince jhary at unsane.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 03:03:00 PDT 2006

Luca Morettoni wrote:
> Hi, I have an Intel Centrino Duo laptop (HP-Compaq NX7400). The wifi
> card is a "Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG", I have see that pciconf return
> 0x4222 but into if_iwi.c this number is missing. Someone know if the
> firmare (and the other parts of iwi code) works fine by addind this new
> number?
>
> Excuse me for the bad english!

Sorry but the 3945ABG is not supported by the iwi driver. Damien
Bergamini was working on a driver for this chipset but has stopped
developing for freebsd after falling out with some of the other
developers[1] The last Freebsd status report[2] said that support is
planned but nothing more than that. No one seems to have got this going
with ndiswrapper either unfortunately. I have the driver Damien started
somewhere if you want to try it (it works for some people not for
others, for me it works, but sends lots of output to console and only
gets 6Mbps.)

Vince

[1] http://kerneltrap.org/node/6497
[2] http://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-apr-2006-jun-2006.html