Some old fashioned assistance requested, and some oppinions wanted.

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 23:51:50 UTC 2006

OK, though my biggest concern was how they treated their customers in
hardware support.

As a benchmark, Toshiba is the first company that could actually give
me something as obscure as the PCMCIA controller chipset when I called
- and this was the first layer of tech support. The vendors I had delt
with previously couldn't even give me the video chipsets some times.
The only one that this wasn't tested on lied and voided my warantee...
I was so sick of them at that point, I couldn't bring up the energy to
fight it until it was way too late. As for Toshiba, they have pretty
much bent over backwards except where non-windows was concerned, and
even there they had made some pretty decent efforts. I really don't
want to loose that, but I also want to deal with my OS of choice.

Also, because of my vision, and now that I actually have the money to
afford a real laptop (and someone to buy my "old" one off me), it
would be ideal for me to get a tablet.

-Jim Stapleton