pccard slot not working properly

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 07:21:55 PDT 2006

I appologize. The cards are a Linksys WPC54G v3, a SMC wireless card
(can't remember the model, it's a friends and not an Atheros model),
and another of her cards, a D-Link wireless (tulip), and two tried at
the store - one Atheros based SMC (listed as good), and one Atheros
based D-Link (511T I think?) listed as good, none would work. Anyway,
I'm in a pinch for time, and am trying Linux on this thing, since
it'll use the oneboard wireless (dang you intel and your 3945! You are
making me suffer the defilement of all that is good!).

Regardless, the PCCARD/PCMCIA chip is a ToPIC 100 (Toshiba), which I
found after sending that mail, and also found that it causes trouble
with FreeBSD. I want to get FreeBSD working, so I'll post what you
listed, but it won't be until I'm back from my trip (which will be in
about 2.5 weeks).

Thanks for the help. I hope to get FreeBSD working on this thing in
all ways soon, so I don't have to revert to the defilement again...

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton