Thinkpad suspend/resume issues: solution imminent?

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Mon Nov 27 06:43:05 PST 2006

I've been following the occasional messages on this list about
suspend/resume problems with various recent ThinkPads. Is there
any way to tell when, if ever, these might get resolved?

I currently have a 4.5 year old ThinkPad X23, running FreeBSD
6.1; everything works OS-wise (sound, suspend/resume, X, etc.),
but it's starting to get, well, old--it's pretty slow, there
are unpredictable hardware issues from time to time, etc. I was
interested in getting an X60 but an ultraportable laptop that
cannot in fact be moved without rebooting is not very portable.
On the other hand I really like the ThinkPads I have or have had,
and I don't want to go with another brand if the current issues
will be fixed soon.

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower