FreeBSD 6 on Toshiba Tecra A4

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Tue May 23 03:40:11 PDT 2006

On Mon, 22 May 2006, Norberto Meijome wrote:

 > Yousef Raffah <yraffah at savola.com> wrote:
 > > How can I have /dev/apm?
 >
 > [...]
 > Ian is right, but u may want to disable acpi too:
 > /boot/device.hints:
 >
 > #FOR ACPI
 > ### APM vs ACPI
 > hint.apm.0.disabled="1"
 > hint.acpi.0.disabled="0"
 >
 > #FOR APM
 > ### APM vs ACPI
 > hint.apm.0.disabled="0"
 > hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"

Before posting I'd grep'd /boot/device.hints for acpi - none in 5.4-R -
so was going to suggest trying booting w/out ACPI from the loader menu,
but wasn't sure that was still in 6.x ..

 > (of course, the rest of the lines in device.hits shouldn't need to be changed.

Perhaps preferable to add any hint updates to /boot/loader.conf instead?

Hopefully Yousef's A4 (eventually) will do APM as well as your A2 ..

cheers, Ian