More 'resource' problems with "ath0"

AT Matik asstec at matik.com.br
Sat May 20 08:47:51 PDT 2006

On Saturday 20 May 2006 11:09, Sam Leffler wrote:

> > Also, do you think that Joao's suggestion - copied below - is worth
> > trying?
>
> No.  The problem is in the driver (probably in the handling of packets
> buffered for clients operating in ps mode).

it happens also when the powersave mode definitly is off, on the server, on
the client and on the AP and is not only an issue on WL cards but also on
other NICs

the problem appears more frequent when you have cybercoffees connected where
games cause high udp/icmp broadcast traffic and probably attract similar
traffic coming back from the outside

imediatly you see then such error messages you posted and services like named,
dhcpd, squid and other which use udp ports may be compromised

what I posted certainly is a valid workaround on your server where the problem
ocurrs,  you can set values runtime to your needs and see no more errors
instantly

sysctl net.inet.udp.recvspace=65536
sysctl net.inet.udp.maxdgram=131072

in addition you should consider blocking all broadcasts and 0's on your
network which will help a lot, you also may consider ingress filtering for
smurf like traffic on your router in order to prevent this problems

João