change in iwi-firmware operation

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Wed May 17 18:13:12 PDT 2006

On Mon, 15 May 2006 07:44:34 -0600
"Wilde, Donald" <dwilde at sandia.gov> wrote:

> No, the iwi.sh did not get installed in /usr/local/etc/rc.d, although I
> did have iwi_enable="YES" in rc.conf. Either that, or the nice little
> helpful routine in mergemaster cleaned it out for me as one of those
> "old" scripts that can cause "Very Bad Things" to happen...

Hi :)

pkg_info -L iwi-firmware*

will show  that the script installed by the port is /etc/rc.d/iwi

I had the issue with mergemaster destroying it in the past (thank god for
backups!), so I had moved it to /usr/local/etc/rc.d/iwi.sh .

Since 6.1 and latest iwi port upgrade (I'm on iwi-firmware-2.4_7 now) * , i'm
getting more a lot more lockups than before when bringing the card back up
( usually after a suspend/resume cycle). I'm testing a new set of custom
scripts to load/unload if_iwi.ko for a full reset and see if this makes any
different to stability.

* lack of stability could also be caused in my case due to change of
laptop( from Toshiba Tecra A2 to IBM thinkpad z60m...)

Beto