ndis0 won't set ssid on freeBSD 6.0

Ross Lippert lippert at math.mit.edu
Fri May 5 02:10:58 UTC 2006

I have gotten the f5d8010 card to work with a ndisgen-ed
WniHdd51 driver from NetGear.  dmesg recognizes it, ndis0
shows up when I ifconfig, it seems to have everything,
except ssid, as in

ifconfig ndis0 ssid "word"

and still the ssid is listed as "".  Switching to hex
(ssid "0x65666665" for example) doesn't help.  I have looked
for ssid problems in the PRs and not found one.

Any recommendations welcome.

I am not subscribed to the mailing list, so please reply personally.

-r

--
Ross A. Lippert
M.I.T., Department of Mathematics