HEADS UP: Add support Synaptics Touchpad on X11!

AT Matik asstec at matik.com.br
Sun Mar 19 14:18:35 UTC 2006

On Sunday 19 March 2006 09:54, Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:

> 	Protocols supported by synaptics(4)'s are kernel API types.
> 	synaptics(4) in FreeBSD supports only psm protocol via psm(4).

good, that is the kernel driver part but in xorg.conf you can not set psm as
driver, this are the options:

 1.  Auto [Auto detect]
 2.  SysMouse [SysMouse]
 3.  MouseSystems [Mouse Systems (3-button protocol)]
 4.  PS/2 [PS/2 Mouse]
 5.  Microsoft [Microsoft compatible (2-button protocol)]
 6.  Busmouse [Bus Mouse]
 7.  AceCad [AceCad]
 8.  GlidePoint [GlidePoint]
 9.  IntelliMouse [Microsoft IntelliMouse]
10.  Logitech [Logitech Mouse (serial, old type, Logitech protocol)]
11.  MMHitTab [MM HitTablet]
12.  MMSeries [MM Series]
13.  MouseMan [Logitech MouseMan (Microsoft compatible)]
14.  ThinkingMouse [ThinkingMouse]

I believe there is no such psm driver protocol for xorg in FreeBSD, it is or
PS/2 or auto for the /dev/psmN device

João