HEADS UP: Add support Synaptics Touchpad on X11!

AT Matik asstec at matik.com.br
Sun Mar 19 11:45:23 UTC 2006

On Sunday 19 March 2006 07:11, Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 06:13:10 -0300
>
> AT Matik <asstec at matik.com.br> wrote:
> > But I believe the suggested mouse protocol to set in xorg.conf does not
> > exist (psm) but should be PS/2 ? the auto-dev either I believe is auto.
>
> 	I don't believe auto detection and believe that only psm should
> 	be found.  The other synaptics protocols are Linux's ones.

psm does not exist, at least on my releng_6 ...
the options I have is ps/2 or auto

> > When I set to auto xorg reports sysmouse detected, scrolling with button
> > 4,5,6 and 7 is working but dragging not. this is the same with synaptics
> > enabled in loader.conf but not loading synaptics in xorg. So no news for
> > me here.
>
> 	The synaptics supports psaux/event/alps/psm/auto-dev protocol.

on freebsd I could not find this, but my is not alps, I have a real synaptics
pad

> > The only new thing for me is that xorg seems to see without setting
> > extrabuttons
> > (**) touchpad: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4, 5, 6 and 7
> > (**) touchpad: Buttons: 11
> > but they do not work ... loading xev nothing happens when pressing them
> > unlike I set protocol to auto with synaptics set in loader.conf.
> > Also when I tap on a scrollbar it worls only for the first tap, the
> > second tap in order to be found I need to move the mouse pointer first.
> > Ocasionally unvoluntary keyboard repeat as in "jjjjjjjjjjjeah"
> > When setting PS/2 the scroll is not working and I am back to standar psm
> > driver :(
>
> 	I think that you use moused(8)/psm(4) FreeBSD native synaptics
> 	touchpad driver and synaptics(4) X11 driver.  So these don't
> 	works you think.

nonono ;)
moused is not running and I use xorgs /dev/psm0 support

> 	I'll add to disable "Core Pointer" expect synaptics to
> 	pkg-message like following.

> #	InputDevice	"System_Standard_PS/2_Mouse"	"CorePointer"
> 	InputDevice	"Synaptics_Touchpad"		"CorePointer"

ok, but the identifier is a name, any name so long as it matches what you set
in the referred device section so it does not matter if you call it synaptics
or psmouse

João