HEADS UP: Add support Synaptics Touchpad on X11!

AT Matik asstec at matik.com.br
Sun Mar 19 09:13:14 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 March 2006 22:28, Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
> Hi Synaptics Touchpad users!
>
> 	I committed x11-servers/synaptics, which is a driver for
> 	the Synaptics Touchpad on XFree86 4.x/Xorg.  It works good
> 	on Panasonic CF-R4/FreeBSD 6.1-BETA, I saw.
>
> 	Please install your notePC after 0.14.4_3:-) and later,
> 	and Adopt parameters you like!
>
> 	SEE ALSO: synatics(4), you can see details.

hello
great. It loads fine in xorg.

But I believe the suggested mouse protocol to set in xorg.conf does not exist
(psm) but should be PS/2 ? the auto-dev either I believe is auto.

When I set to auto xorg reports sysmouse detected, scrolling with button 4,5,6
and 7 is working but dragging not. this is the same with synaptics enabled in
loader.conf but not loading synaptics in xorg. So no news for me here.

The only new thing for me is that xorg seems to see without setting
extrabuttons

(**) touchpad: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4, 5, 6 and 7
(**) touchpad: Buttons: 11

but they do not work ... loading xev nothing happens when pressing them unlike
I set protocol to auto with synaptics set in loader.conf.

Also when I tap on a scrollbar it worls only for the first tap, the second tap
in order to be found I need to move the mouse pointer first.

Ocasionally unvoluntary keyboard repeat as in "jjjjjjjjjjjeah"

When setting PS/2 the scroll is not working and I am back to standar psm
driver :(

My NB is an Acer Aspire.

thank's
João