PCMCIA card not recognized (D-Link G650+, TI1520 cardbus)

Björn König bkoenig at cs.tu-berlin.de
Sat Mar 11 10:58:20 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have an IBM Thinkpad 600 laptop with a TI1520 cardbus bridge.
Networking works in general. I have an old 16-bit ethernet card which
works fine with all FreeBSD releases up to latest RELENG_6.

I want to use WLAN and bought an D-Link G650+. I'm aware of the fact
that I need NDIS drivers, but first of all the card should be shown by
pciconf(8). All I got is nothing.

I enabled debugging, i.e. hw.pccard.cis_debug, hw.pccard.debug,
hw.cbb.debug, hw.cardbus.cis_debug and hw.cardbus.debug.

Now If I insert the card into the slot then I get

cbb0: card inserted: event=0x00000000, state=30000920
cbb0: cbb_power: 3V
cbb0: cbb_power: 0V

on the system console.

Interestingly the card seems to work fine with the IBM Thinkpad 600E
laptop which has a TI1521 cardbus bridge.

This is dmesg.boot with verbose boot, kernel is GENERIC with the usual
debug stuff from -CURRENT:

http://www.alpha-tierchen.de/dateien/dmesg.boot-GENERIC-DEBUG

The problem occurs with 6.0-RELEASE either.

So if you know something about TI1520 that I don't know please tell me. :-)

Regards Björn