IBM T42p (Radeon RV350) and Direct Rendering (DRI) problems

Gregers Petersen gp.ioa at cbs.dk
Fri Mar 10 10:26:23 UTC 2006

Frank Altpeter wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to configure my FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE to use direct rendering
> with xorg-6.9.0 but i cannot get it to work for unknown reason.

At first --> is that Ati chipset support by X.org to do 3d at all?

If. then -->

Did you remember to compile

device		drm

into the kernel (you need both the drm and radeondrm devices) ...

& when you have the direct rendering up and running you probably get problems
with suspend/resume --> the system crashes, and you then need to patch the agp
(http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/agp_cvs.patch) (which mostly works, if you
do a re-compile of the complete x.org system)..

All in all --> you wonder if it is worthwhile ..

Gregers Petersen