Notebook recommendations

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri Jul 28 10:22:06 UTC 2006

Julian Stecklina wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 >
 > > >      Ability to do 3D Video acceleration would be a plus but isn't
 > > > strictly necessary. XDAMAGE would be a double      plus.
 > >
 > > It has i915 intel graphics, and 3D video acceleration works
 > > perfectly fine with 6-stable.
 >
 > I wouldn't call it "acceleration", since I guess my old TNT2 Ultra has
 > more graphics power than the Intel Extreme chips...

The 2D and 3D acceleration is more than sufficient for
typical stuff, such as playing DVDs and other videos
full-screen, running those well-known OpenGL screen
savers, and playing /usr/ports/games/crack-attack.
All of that smoothly and full-screen at 1440 x 1080.
What more would you want?  :-)

Best regards
   Oliver

"In My Egoistical Opinion, most people's C programs should be indented
six feet downward and covered with dirt."
        -- Blair P. Houghton