Problem (maybe a solution) loading iwi firmware: firmware_get: failed to load firmware image iwi_bss

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 27 21:40:03 UTC 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 14:28, Erik Nørgaard wrote:
> Hi:
>
> This question has been on various lists lately, maybe I'm on the right
> track:

Use the iwi-firmware-kmod port.  You need the module wrappers around the
firmware in /boot/modules, not the raw firmware in /boot/firmware.  That is
the older way of doing things.

> There is some development, I'm not sure if it has been imported into the
> source tree yet,
>
>   http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/new_iwi/

Yes, it is in -current and I believe -stable now, and this just works fine
with the iwi-firmware-kmod port.

In short, upgrade to 6.1-stable, install the iwi-firmware-kmod port, and
everything should Just Work(tm).  It does here on my laptop (albeit running
7-current).

--
John Baldwin