Doug's method for suppressing stray interrupt logging

Julian H. Stacey jhs at flat.berklix.net
Tue Jul 25 10:54:57 UTC 2006

Ian Smith wrote:
> Hi Doug,
> Hmm, perhaps I'm misremembering, but I was pretty sure the AT 2nd PIC
> was connected to IRQ _2_ on the first,

Yes.

> thus elevating the priority of
> irqs 8-15 above those of irq 3-7, generally (then at least) used for
> slower devices like serial comms and lpt?  Hence IRQ2/IRQ9 confusion?

According to the back of my business card :-)  http://berklix.com/~jhs/cv/#card
High Pri.: 0, 1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Low Pri.

Ref. page 53 of "Open Technologies Service Group" handbook ISBN
0-929392-36-1 otsgroup at knoware.nl IRQ 2 is fed by 2nd IRQ controller
http://www.rtcbooks.com/internalpc.php

--
Julian Stacey.  Consultant Unix Net & Sys. Eng., Munich.  http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii, HTML=spam.     Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.