WMP54G wireless card and trying to create an access point in Free BSD 6

Perreau, Luc Luc.Perreau at cws.cwplc.com
Thu Jul 13 06:42:55 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have the Linksys WMP54G wireless card and trying to create an access point
in FreeBSD 6.

Is there a tutorial specific for that card? Because it is detected as ral0
and not wi0.

All my tutorials refer to wi0 cards and when I try to use it with my ral0 I
get errors.

The man page for ral drivers do not mention anything about being able to use
it as an AP. But the man page for wi drivers do.

Can you please assist me?

I found that the person here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2005-June/006518.html
<http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2005-June/006518.html>

Managed it, may I know how he did it?

Kind regards,

Luc

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the Cable & Wireless e-mail security system - powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive managed e-mail security service,  visit http://www.cw.com/uk/emailprotection/

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege. It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. If you are not named above as a recipient, you must not read, copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in this email. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender (whose contact details are above) immediately by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments without retaining any copies.