HDA sound driver mod for sigmatel 92xx

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Thu Jul 13 03:34:07 UTC 2006

On 07/12/06 20:46, Wesley Morgan wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Eric Anderson wrote:

>>> Make sure your mailer didn't wrap long lines? It applies cleanly for
>>> me. I've attached a newer diff that makes the mixer work properly as
>>> well, but it's hard-coded to the correct widget for me so it might
>>> not work for everyone.
>>
>> Well, it must be my hdac.tgz then, because the attached patch looks
>> fine, but still fails poorly.  Maybe a pointer to the hdac.tgz you
>> used, and an md5 sum would do the trick..
>
> The original hdac.tgz posted by Andrea, I believe can be found at:
>
> http://darkircop.org/hdac.tgz

[root at neutrino /tmp/freebsd]# fetch http://darkircop.org/hdac.tgz
hdac.tgz                                      100% of  122 kB  151 kBps
[root at neutrino /tmp/freebsd]# tar xvzf hdac.tgz
x hdac
x hdac/hdac.c
x hdac/hdac_reg.h
x hdac/hdac.h
x hdac/hda_reg.h
x hdac/hdac_private.h
x hdac/Makefile
x hdac/hdac.z~
x hdac/calc.core
x hdac/hdac.y~
x hdac/hdac.c~
x hdac/hdac.c.bak
x hdac/.hda_reg.h.swp
[root at neutrino /tmp/freebsd]# cd hdac
[root at neutrino /tmp/freebsd/hdac]# patch < ../hdac.diff
Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff -urb hdac/hdac.c hdac-sigma/hdac.c
|--- hdac/hdac.c        Mon Jun  5 15:15:12 2006
|+++ hdac-sigma/hdac.c  Wed Jul 12 21:02:32 2006
--------------------------
Patching file hdac.c using Plan A...
Hunk #1 failed at 247.
Hunk #2 failed at 261.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 1879 with fuzz 2 (offset 1605 lines).
Hunk #4 failed at 2396.
Hunk #5 failed at 2430.
Hunk #6 failed at 2472.
Hunk #7 failed at 2517.
Hunk #8 failed at 2568.
Hunk #9 failed at 2597.
Hunk #10 failed at 2893.
Hunk #11 failed at 3233.
10 out of 11 hunks failed--saving rejects to hdac.c.rej
done
[root at neutrino /tmp/freebsd/hdac]#

Eric