HP nc6230 no suspend/resume to S3

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Wed Aug 30 23:45:03 UTC 2006

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:04:25 -0400
Christopher Sean Hilton <chris at vindaloo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been spending a little time over the past month trying to get my
> HP compaq nc6230 to suspend/resume. Here's the output of dmesg from an
> attempt to suspend/resume the laptop:

[...]

> acpi_video0: <ACPI video extension> port 0x2000-0x20ff mem
> 0xc0000000-0xc7ffffff,0xc8400000-0xc840ffff irq 16 at device 0.0 on pci1
> vga0: failed to save state (nbytes=4) ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
> ioapic_suspend: not implemented!
>     ACPI-1304: *** Error: Method execution failed [\\_SB_.C002.C0EE] (Node
> 0xc4aea700), AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT ACPI-1304: *** Error: Method execution
> failed [\\_SB_.C002.C0F3._SRS] (Node 0xc4aed180), AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT
> pci_link7: Unable to route IRQs: AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT bge0: PHY read timed out
> bge0: PHY read timed out
> bge0: PHY read timed out
> bge0: PHY read timed out
> bge0: PHY read timed out
> bge0: PHY read timed out
> bge0: PHY read timed out
> bge0: PHY read timed out
> bge0: PHY read timed out
> bge0: PHY read timed out
> bge0: PHY read timed out
> bge0: PHY read timed out
> bge0: PHY read timed out
> bge0: RX CPU self-diagnostics failed!
> bge0: flow-through queue init failed
> bge0: initialization failure
> wakeup from sleeping state (slept 00:00:27)
> subdisk0: detached
> ad0: detached

[....]

> I've upgraded the laptop to the latest BIOS available (v F11 from June
> 23, 2006). The ACPI DSDT shows some errors on compilation but I quite
> honestly don't know where to begin fixing them. The asl for this bios
> is available at:
>
>      http://www.vindaloo.com/~chris/hp6230-bios-f11.asl.gz
>
> I'm willing to try and debug this into the kernel but I confess that I
> will probably need a little help digging into it.

Try running with APIC disabled - my Thinkpad wouldnt like resume w/acpi if APIC
was enabled. you can test initially by setting it at boot time. if it works,
then u can remove it from your kernel conf for good.

Alternatively,you can try apm...

good luck,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which
they avoid. " Soren Aabye Kierkegaard

Warned.