NVidia driver on 6.1-PRERELEASE causes panic

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at math.missouri.edu
Thu Apr 27 18:57:19 UTC 2006

Eric Anderson wrote:

> I don't care much about 3d, but my screen does 1920x1200, which the nv
> driver doesn't seem to do.  (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)
>
> Thanks for the input..

Have you tried entering Modeline into your xorg.conf file?  What I did
with a wide screen was to do a google search on Modeline and the name of
the monitor I was using and the resolution I was wanting.  I found quite
a few linux web sites that had Modelines for the xorg.conf file, and
eventually I found one that worked.